Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tough day

Yesterday ended up being a tough day. After work, I had a memorial service to go to for a very dear friend of mine. Her death was very unexpected as she and her mother never told anyone that she was in the hospital. Kimberly caught a blood infection after having heart valve surgery.  Unfortunately, her body just couldn't fight off the infection and, a few days before Christmas, she passed away.

Mom and I managed to hold it together for most of the service but, in the end, we were both having to clean up our runny make-up.

Kimberly was such a beautiful person. She was smart, sassy, spunky, didn't sugar coat anything, would tell it like it is, but would do just about anything for anyone. She would go above and beyond what was ever asked of her, always wanting to do the best job she could do. She was someone that you could always rely on.

She had a strong love for Emblem Club, art, and the Queen Mary Luxury Liner, and could probably be seen as an expert in all three areas. She was commited to those she loved and the work that she did.

Once she accepted you as a friend, you were a friend for life. If you ask for Kimberly's opinion, then don't be upset when she tells it to you like it is! She's only being honest because she wants what's best for you. Her caring heart and nature seemed to be in contrast with her brash personality but that mix made her unique and genuine.

Kimberly was more than just a friend to me, she was my sister as well. We called each other "brats" but it was out of love and affection. We were the brats of Emblem! No matter how much time had passed between conversations and meet-ups, we were able to pick things up as if no time had passed at all. Even though we didn't talk as much as I would have liked, I thought about her often. I was so proud of her, her accomplishments, and the support she showed her mother, Jacki, through her Emblem Club career.

Kimberly was and will always be an amazing woman. I love you and miss you much, my sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment