Saturday, January 18, 2014

The plague

For the past few days I've been dealing with the plague. Actually, it's a mild case of whooping cough. We caught it early so we were able to hit it hard with medication and keep it from getting worse. Definitely not a chest infection or I'd be feeling a lot better than I am right now. Geisha has been keeping me company but is a terrible nursemaid. At least she doesn't mind all the sitting around on the couch.
I had to miss a day of work and have a note excusing me from work tomorrow but I might go in anyways. I haven't had a fever in over 24 hours so that's a good thing. I'm still really tired though and today I've been having issues with getting dizzy pretty easily. The coughing fits aren't as bad either. I still plan to take it easy today. Let's see how the day progresses and we'll figure out if work is an option later.
Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in the 10k I had been invited to. That really bummed me out as I was really looking forward to it. Oh well. I'll see about signing up for the next one later this year. :-)
The biggest thing that is bumming me out right now is the fact that I haven't been able to spend time with anyone. I'm a people person. I thrive on being around people. Having been stuck at home for three days now, with no interaction with anyone, has made me a little depressed. Probably another reason why I want to go back to work (even though I'll be working 6 days in a row).
Alright, time for a nap. Hope you all have a great day!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment